Saturday, April 28, 2012

My big brother and sis in law came!

My dad and brother live in Texas, so we don't get to see eachother as often as we would like. My brother recently took a trip up to Vegas with his wife and I was so happy! We got to spend an evening all together and have dinner. My brother, is an amazing guy. We didn't get to grow up together; we have different mom's. He grew up in Cali/Texas, and my sister and I grew up in Salt Lake/Vegas.

I remember as a little girl my dad brought Sal with him a few times on visits. Those were some of my favorite visits. I remember one visit that he came like right after Christmas time in Salt Lake. There was still a ton of snow on the ground, and it was slushy outside. He and I went outside to play, and we brought out these headset walkie talkies with us. They had a cool wrap around speaker so they were totally hands free. I remember they were bright yellow. We went out to the tennis court and slid around in the slush for what seemed like forever. Laughing and talking through the walkie talkie headsets. I remember my mom getting so mad that my shoes and sock were soaked through. I didn't care, I had so much fun with my big brother. Another time he came, our dad took us roller skating. I think that was the last time we saw him.  I was probably 7 or 8. I didn't see him again until I was 19. Since then, we have been able to establish a pretty good bond with each other. I love my big brother. I love his children, my niece and nephew, and I absolutely love his wife, Ashley. She has such a big heart and is one of the kindest people I've ever met. She is a great sister to add to our family, and I'm so glad he has found her.



Lilly loves her Aunt Ash

Me, Sal and Nikki

She was laughing so hard



She was showing him what a monkey says, and scratching his head. I think his big ol' head remindedher of a monkey. ;-) hahhaha!


Again, I suck at pctures. Ethan I had to put to bed shortly after they came over. He was just in a bad mood, and I didn't get any pictures of them with him :-( .  We didn't have Ryan while they were in town, so he didn't get to see them. THEN I realize that I have no pics of me and Ash! I need to really get my brain on straight...

We were so happy to see them. Family is everything.

No comments: