Monday, April 23, 2012

I Shot A Gun!

I've never shot a gun before. I wasn't raised around them, I've never even touched one. I am a supporter of our right to bare arms, I have just never been exposed to guns in general, and they make me a little leery.

Our friends Justin and Stephanie invited us to go shooting with them. Bobby goes shooting with his friends and his dad has always had guns; he is pretty familiar with them. I was so terrified to touch one.





It took me what seemed forever to just pull the trigger. Once I did though I got over my 'fear' of this thing (ok not completely but the axiety of shooting was gone) and I was able to actually enjoy myself! I would love to take some classes and better familiarize myself with guns, just so I'm not so blindly scared of them.

My first two shots ever! Yep, I'm pretty proud of that.


No comments: