Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1 Year

Our 1 Yr. Engagement anniversary photo =]

It's been one year since Bobby asked me to marry him. An entire year! Wow what a year...

We've had our ups and downs, our triumphs and failures, our happy times and sad times, we've had our disappointments in each other at times, but in the past year I have grown so much as a person, in so many ways. I have grown into so much of a better person because of Bobby. Am I perfect? Not even close, but every day he and Ryan both give me a reason to try to be better than the day before. I can just look at them, and I see my life. They are my reason for breathing and going on in this life. They are the reason God put me on this earth. When I see these two beautiful faces I feel complete in myself in knowing that this is the path that God has put me on, and that I'm following his plan. Ryan teaches me something new every day, and I'm so thankful to have that little boy in my life. I can't imagine life without him. He makes me laugh, and when he cries I cry, when I'm sad and upset he comforts me.. at 3 years old what an amazing thing to do at 3! There have been rocky times, oh yes, and I'll be the first to admit that, but we have grown into such a beautiful family. You know before, when you date people and you feel like you've 'lost yourself' after a certain amount of time, and you have to re-evaluate your goals and hopes and dreams, I don't feel that at all with Bobby. I've had that feeling before where you just feel so incredibly lost, and that you aren't your own person anymore, that the other person is suffocating you... and it's such a horrible disheartening feeling... but with Bobby I feel so much more complete, and at ease all the time. He has grown into my best friend, my confidant, the person I go to when I'm upset or angry or hurting, he is my anchor in this crazy life and he's supported me in everything. Even when I'm stuborn and am not being completely fair and I totally know it, he supports me, and that's what someone does when they love you. I look at these two amazing men in my life, and I feel such warmth and happiness it's indescribable. I know that our hopes and dreams and goals are the same, and have been from the start. I always prayed that I would find my prince charming, that God would reveal him to me, and that I would be happy and love my life, and my prayers have been answered. God has blessed my life so much, he knows exactly when things need to happen and it hasn't been a moment before or after what I've needed that he has provided me with these blessings. I'm so honored to have these two want me in their lives permanently. I can't wait to have my princess wedding and stand at that alter and be joined with Bobby for eternity, and I can't wait to share that beautiful moment with everyone I love most.

No comments: