Thursday, August 27, 2009

Welcome Emmett to the family!

So, Bobby has been buttering me up for a couple of weeks now. Talking about getting a dog and all that jazz... he wanted a boxer, and has been talking about getting one in December for a while now. I've been dreading it because, while they are good dogs, I can't handle the slobber, the dirtyness, the shedding, just everything. Bella doesn't shed, she doesn't get dirty (ok well she does but it's not like for weeks) she doesn't chew my furniture (anymore) she's just a good doggie. I've seen the havoc that Droopy has wreaked on Lisa's house (sorry Lisa lol) and I just DON'T want my brand new house destroyed.

Bella has been acting up a bit lately... I think the post below this one is just one example of how she has been the past few weeks. For the past year of her life, she has been around other dogs all the time. Now that we moved into the house, there's no one to play with and I think it's upsetting her. We come home to her pooping all over the carpet, pee on my brand new carpet, toilet paper destroyed all over the house that she ripped off of the roll in the bathroom, trash cans knocked over and everything inside of them chewed, whining excessively when we come home like she hasn't seen us in years... etc... I have been quite concerned the past few days about her actually.


So, about a week and a half ago, one of the parents at the karate school who works at one of the petsmart clinics brought in this little 6 week old puppy. He was found in the dumpster and no one to claim him in sight. They don't know what he is exactly, but they think he's probably a German Shepard/Rot mix. I've been doing a lot of reading on these dogs and Bobby went to talk to a trainer today. These dogs are very good family dogs, and as long as they are brought up right, they are no problem to their owners and are very loving towards children and other small pets. Bobby has been begging me for a week now to take him. Ugghhh... he is quite adorable, and he's playful! and now he has Ryan all excited about the new puppy (which when bobby asked him what to name the new puppy, Ryan's response was 'puppy' lol) so I finally caved and said okay.... They are brining him home tonight after karate... I swear, if that dog eats my brand new carpet, or furniture, we are going to have some serrrrriooouuuusss issues... lol.


Pictures of the new puppy to come.... here's the only one I have right now.


OHHH and his name is Emmett =] we are keeping with the Twilight theme teeehehehe...







No comments: