Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Valentines Day


I know, I'm way behind. I'm trying to catch up!!

Valentines day this year was a little different from ones in the past. We had an infant this year. No fancy schmancy dinner (well besides the one I cooked. haha), no night out on the town, just hubby and me. And the baby. haha! Actually we had a really nice Valentines day this year. Lilly goes to bed early so we still get 'us' time.



I made Bobby his favorite steak in the entire world. It's a marinade that our friend Taryn makes. It's a secret family recipe (pssshh... whatever) so whenever we want it we have to ask. ;-). I aquired a batch of marinade from her and had our steaks getting all yummy for about 24 hours before I cooked them. Mashed potatoes and asparagus accompanied the steak.




For our first dessert, I made a homemade chocolate mousse that was INCREDIBLE. I'll have to post the link where I got the recipe if I can find it. It was absolutely to die for. Very rich, but oh so good. Topped with hand whipped whipping cream by yours truly. I also made hand dipped chocolate covered strawberries and bananas.

Hubby got me a new Coach bag. I'm a sucker for Coach. I just love the brand.


It was a wonderful day. I look forward to the rest of our years together. =]

No comments: