Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter - SO LATE!

Easter this year was full of fun. I was in over my head, but of course, I always think I'm superwoman and can do everything. We took Ryan to Town Square the day prior to go meet the Easter Bunny and do an egg hunt. Well, turns out 1,500 other parents had that in mind for their chidlren too. Needless to say, we skipped the egg hunt (ok ok, so we missed registration, but I wasn't about to sit in line for 2 hours for him to run on some grass and grab a coupel of eggs) and just went straight to meet Mr. Bunny. Well, he wasn't any kind of Easter Bunny I'd want to bring my small children around, I'm glad Ryan stayed a few feet away, I was afraid he was going to bite him with his rabies infested teeth. (I kid I kid, but seriously, whoever designed that costume should be fired). Here's a picture.




We did a little shopping around Town Square, met up with Jen Jen and baby Karli! Oh and the rest of the 'martin' crew. hehe. Got Ryan some cool new sunglasses, because well... Emmett ATE his cars ones, and his spongebob ones are missing... hmm...





Oh ANDDD they had Cookie Monster. Cookie Monster rocked!



Saturday night we colored eggs. Lisa, Greg, and Wuhwuh came to help out.





Easter morning Grandma came over to hang out with Ryan and help him hunt easter eggs. To say he was excited would be an understatement. He marvled at the fact that the easter bunny had hidden eggs just for him to find! His face was priceless. I got some video, I hope it works to post it on here. It's great stuff.






We went to Easter service at church, and it was an amazing service! Pastor Vance is so tallented with how he explains things and gives background on words in the bible and what they meant back then and how people referred to things. It was such an uplifting service. Sure, Easter is fun with the candy and egg hunts, but it amazes me that there are still SO many people out there who don't know WHY we celebrate this holiday in the first place! Jesus Christ died for YOUR sins and he was resurrected from the grave to bring us BACK to God the Father for a loving relationship with him. His sacrifice alone was the ONLY thing that was enough for us to be forgiven of our transgressions. It's such a POWERFUL thing! I don't think people realize that this reason and this reason alone is the ONLY reason we are able to be forgiven of our transgressions, of our sinful lives, of our selfish and greedy behavior. It was wonderful that Bobby's mom ended up coming with us.



After church we went home and prepared to cook! Ok ok, I prepared to cook, Bobby helped me clean around the house (All the toys and candy from earlier that morning) which was a HUGE help. My husband is so wonderful, he knows when I'm stressed, he knows how to calm me down by just doing something simple that will help me out. We had both of our families there and MAN did we have a lot of food! I made a ham, cheesy potatoes (which big props go out to Lisa for sharing that recipe with me long ago, everyone raved about how awesome they were), steamed asparagus, corn, noodle salad, and rolls. Erika and Ben brought over Fruit Pizza!! so good! I made deviled eggs as one of the appetizers, and used me cool new tool to make a fun design, I hope I took a picture



dinner was great, but before we had even eaten I was exhausted. My ankles were swollen and I had just too high of expectations of myself at being 30 weeks pregnant. My mom and Bobby's mom, Carol helped me SO much in the kitchen. I wouldn't have had dinner ready for hours had it not been for them helping. I'm so incredibly greatful for these two wonderful women in my life. I have two great moms, I've been so blessed!









I know this post is long over due, I'm sorry! I'm going to try to catch up on my blogging more on Sunday's I've decided... I just need to start dinner really early and sit down and get this done! :-) I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

FoReVeR WeLcH said...

CUTE CUTE pictures!! arent days like that AMAZING!