Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Irate-Prego"

I've been told on more than one occasion, by more than one person, that I'm a little bit of a crazy pregnant lady. I'll admit, I have had my moments. Karla refers to me as 'irate-prego', and relishes in my stories of 'WTF I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE' moments. I think I've been in more fights as a pregnant woman, than I have in my whole life combined.

Lets take Monday for example. I'm getting ready to pay for my order at Costco. I got a 6 pack of chocolate muffins (Yeah chocolate muffins, you got a problem?). I only got 6 because I can't eat 12 before they expire. (You're supposed to buy 2 packages of 6). I have gotten one package during many a trips to good ol' Costco. The lady checking me out insists that I MUST have 2 packages, that she can't ring me up for just one. At this, I fly off the handle, start yelling at her and saying I've done this tonz of times before. All the while, guess who I'm on the phone with? Karla of all people. She's listening and laughing. I end the altercation with telling her to 'just forget it!!!' screaming at her, then taking my things and walking out with my big belly. Oh, I had plenty of people giving me the 'wow she's bat s*** crazy' eye, but that's okay. This is just one example... it seems something happens almost weekly that gets me into an almost physical altercation with someone.

Before my pregnancy, I was probably the most patient person in the world. Now, my fuse is so short I don't even know when I'm about to lose it. My poor husband...

My belly is getting big. Like, gigantic big. I'll have to get another picture, haven't taken one in a couple of weeks. It's fun to feel her kicking me all day now. She has been kicking with purpose the past couple of days. Sheesh! She is definitely going to be a forms and sparing world champ someday, that's for sure. I hope my daughter gets my strong headed-ness. I hope I can pass along the 'call you out on your bull s***' genes to her.

In other news, there is other news to be shared, I just haven't had time to sit and edit pictures. *sigh*. I'm sorry, I'm a perfectionist.


No comments: