Friday, October 9, 2009

Cupcakes

So I bought this book almost a year ago now. It is ALL about cupcakes and shows you how to make them by scratch, and the frostings, and how to make beautiful creations in a very simple* way. The tips and tricks are awesome! So, I finally tried one of the things in there myself. I did the easiest I could find (because who wants to start something new and do the hardest one, then fail. So doesn't sound fun to me! lol) and it just so happened to be the butterfly cupcakes. They turned out really cute. I made them for all the kids who got their new belts at karate. Here are some pictures of my masterpieces... maybe next time I'll do a tutorial on one of my marvelous sugar creations.... maybe...




Close up of one of the butterflies


lots of butterflies






The finished product! I made little cupcakes and just wrote 'congrats everyone' on the smaller ones with icing. The project turned out really great and I'm quite proud of myself for actually pulling it off!

No comments: