Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sunday & Monday of Memorial Day Weekend



Sunday we rushed over to Henderson early in the morning. We had boxes in our cars to put in storage but we stopped at Carols house to spend a bit more time with Ryan before he left us for the next couple of days. I made him a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich and got some cute pictures of him.

Lisa came and picked him up for church and then off we were to storage for the next couple of hours, re-organizing things because we have to put all of my stuff in it this weekend. The house paperwork is taking longer than what was originally projected, and my lease is up on the 31st. I have to have everything out of the apartment and turn in my keys. Well, we can't move in the house yet because we are still dealing with the underwriters and it's a painful process. So all my stuff is going in Bobby's storage for a few days. The paperwork should be done next week and we should get our keys hopefully by the end of the week. Meanwhile, I'm going to be homeless for a few days. Bella isn't allowed to stay at Bobby's mom's house because their cockerspaniel Java goes insane everytime she is there. He just wants to hump her the whole time, and since we don't let him he sists there stares at her and just shakes. He looks like he's about to have a seizure... then he proceeds to poop and pee ALL over the house for the next few days after she is gone. So she can't stay there while we wait for the paperwork to be done for the house. So I have to find a place for us to sleep for like 4 days. I don't want to impose on anyone and I know Bella can be a pill. I love her, but dogs aren't always convenient. I'll probably have to get one of those weekly hotels or something :-( don't want to but that's what it's looking like. I'm just praying about it and I know it will work out.



We went back home to get ready for Bobby's aunt's funeral. It was really sad. His Aunt Phyl died last week and the services were Sunday. Bobby rarely cries. I think I've seen him cry 3 times since I've known him. Sunday was one of them. He composed himself quickly after a few tears fell but I know how strong he is, and he must have been so emotional to let those few tears fall to begin with. My heart ached for their family. They are all such good people, I love them all so much. After the services we went to Anthony's house, they were having a BBQ for his birthday. We stayed a bit then left for home. Bella had been alone all day and she's a bit of a spaz right now. She doesn't understand the whole moving thing and has been really nervous the past couple weeks. We stopped at target to get some doggie treats and food for Bella. Bobby got her a huge 'meaty bone' and she loves it. Won't leave it alone. While we were there we got the second season of House. We love that show. We're collecting all the seasons and watching them. I hadn't watched the show till last season and I'm hooked. So now we're going back and watching all of them together. It's pretty fun =]
Monday was a FULL day! We wanted to go to RC Willey to get a washer and dryer because of the sales. I was talking about our bed and Egyption Cotton sheets and how I wanted them but they were going to be way too expensive when Bobby yells at me 'we have to go to Macy's!' I ask him why and he had gone online and found out they were having a massive sale on bed stuff. Yes!!! So off to RC Willey and we found a really nice GE washer and dryer set for $740. We can't afford the nice pricey front loaders right now, I'm perfectly happy with the top load washer. Plus it's GE and our kitchen is all GE profile. So they match =] We went to go look at some furniture next. One of Bobby's friend's uncle's (got it? haha) owns a furniture store so we went there to look for a dining set. He said he could get us one cheaper than what we were going to pay Ashley's. Found a couple we liked and they said they would get a price for us Tuesday. Off to Macy's and boy did they have a sale! 60% off of bedding! We got amazing king size 500 thread count egyption cotton sheets for $79.99. ahhhhhh they are SO soft! We also got some other really nice 680 thread count sheets for the same price. So we have 2 really nice sets of sheets and pillow cases. We also got a really soft nice down comforter for a killer price. Normally they were $480 but we got it on sale for $195.
Bobby left to do a demo practice at the school and I spent the rest of the day with my Mommy and sister. We went through the last of the stuff from my Grammie, and then just hung out for a while. It was a really nice day to spend with my family. I'm going to miss living so close to my mommy =[ She's my best friend, I talk to her every day, I miss seeing her even NOW and I'm 2 blocks away. Well that was it for the weekend. Spent too much money on stuff, but we needed it. Now all we have to worry about getting is a dining table and we will be pretty much set. For a while at least. After that we still need to get Ryan a bedroom set, an entertainment center for the living room and a BBQ. But for right now I think we will be okay for a few months until we can save some more money. Plus, I need to go wedding dress shopping still!!!

1 comment:

FoReVeR WeLcH said...

Girl... HOMELESS???? REALLY?????? sheeesh... ok i KNOW i dont have a room.... but i DO have Bobbys blow up bed.. Thomas LOVES sleeping on it heheheh..... you could use his room if you need for the week.
Just say the word.... u would NVR be homeless!
♥ Lisa