Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The 'Bounce house'

My children left me alone for about 30 minutes to blow dry my hair the other day. It was wonderful!!! No crying or screaming or asking for snacks... Just me and my blow dryer!

Then I walked into the hall and saw two very guilty faces looking up at me. The linen closet was open so I went to close it... And wouldn't you know? The whole thing was EMPTY!!! They EMPTIED the hall closet of every towel, blanket, sheet, and wash cloth!! I looked around and didn't see any of it, so I asked 'Lilly, where is all the stuff that goes in here?'. She smiled up at me, eyes bright, and replied, 'Mommy! We have a BOUNCE HOUSE! Come look!' And grabbed my hand and started towards the stairs. Ethan is saying 'mommy, I show you!'. Came downstairs to this. Every towel, blanket, sheet and washcloth in the house was in this pile.


I did what any other parent in that position would have done. I made a castle fort for my kids.




Never a dull moment w these kids. Never. We did have a good afternoon playing in it, and I folded all our sheets, blankets and towels with a happy grin knowing that at least they had fun.

- With love, from my iPhone

No comments: